You can find us in the GrupLAC as "Grupo de Investigación en Síntesis Organometálica y Catálisis" (GISIOMCA)
Group Leader: Renso Visbal Acevedo
The Organometallic Synthesis and Catalysis Research Group is focused on the synthesis of mono- and poly-metallic organometallic compounds, the electrochemical and photophysical properties, as well as, their application in different research areas such as catalysis, medicine, and luminescence.
The research group is located in Santiago de Cali, and it is part of the research team of the Department of Chemistry of the Universidad del Valle.
To investigate the field of organometallic chemistry and form Inorganic Chemists that contribute to the research field of the country.
Positioning in the national and international scope as a leading research group in the area of inorganic and organometallic chemistry.
1. To synthesize new compounds with applications that contribute to the development of the country.
2. To find the hydrazonic species, lateral chains, and metallic species of 8 group that allow the efficient formation of SEMs.
3. To determine the redox behavior of the thermally obtained compounds in order to propose new alternative synthetic methods of mono- and tri-metallic aggregates with heterocyclic ligands.
4. To form new researchers in the inorgánic, organometallic chemistry that contribute to the scientific development of the Universidad del Valle and the country.
5. To consolidate the national and international collaboration networks that support the investigation in the field of inorganic and organometallic chemistry with different research groups.